Who would have known that we would be spending most of our time indoors? Well, last year changed our dynamics with indoor spaces forever. And as we clock almost 3 months of 2021, the influence of the pandemic still continues to impact the way we live, work and create. No wonder then that the interior design ecosystem has witnessed a complete overhaul. With functionality, aesthetics and hygiene given an equal share of importance, the future of interior design is taking quite an interesting route altogether. So here are 6 trends that we think will dominate the Interior Design scene this year. Take a look!
1. Biophilic Design– Natural lighting, ample ventilation, naturalistic shapes and forms, earthy tones, natural materials and more, Biophilic Design helps us reconnect with the force of nature. With our increased appreciation of the outdoors since the lockdown, this design concept is certainly a win-win trend in 2021.
2. Sustainable Décor– With sustainable practices gaining momentum like never before, the use of natural and biodegradable materials like wood, bamboo, rattan and wicker for doing up the interiors have witnessed a surge. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, high on functionality but are also planet positive. We are so here for it!
3. Luxury Minimalism– Super Glam, Extremely detailed and Streamlined, Luxe Minimalism hovers around the concept of “Less is more”. With the next-gen professionals gravitating towards clean and flexible work stations and living spaces, this trend is here to stay.
4. Open seating areas– With limited access to our go-to hangout zones, there has been an increased focus on comfortable, cozy, relaxing and multipurpose seating areas. As people try to recreate their social lives within the four walls of their homes, open seating spaces will become their experimental ground.
5. Mixed Colour Pallet– Though neutral hues continue to hold their position as all-time favourites, there has been a strong shift to bolder and brighter colours this year. And with Pantone declaring gray and a sunny yellow as Pantone colours for 2021, this mix and match trend will only gain prominence in the latter part of the year.
6. Full-Blown Home Offices– From being just an option to a mandatory norm, working from home has become quite a phenomenon and will continue to be so in the foreseeable future. Be it the use of ergonomic chairs, flexible storage space, large workstations to vision boards and organisers, our work dens have been populated with all things functional to achieve that perfect work/life balance.
The more we invest our time and energy indoors, the more we understand the pivotal role it plays in ensuring our physical as well as our mental well-being. As the Interior Design ecosystem gears up to usher in a new revolution, we are hopeful that it will only positively impact and improve the experience of end-consumers. And here at Pearl, we train you to become the one heralding this transformation. With our meticulously crafted Interior Design program, we help you design unique experiences. From international exposure, relevant specializations, industry access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and brilliant mentors, you get to convert your creative vision into tangible spaces for a larger social impact.
To know more about our program, click here.