Fashion weeks in India are no less than a festival in the industry. All the old and new designers come together to showcase their latest collection every season. Each year we encounter new trends, which are better than the old one. Our designers establish new patterns and revive the old ones.
However, apart from designer ensembles and accessories, fashion weeks leave us with a whole new gamut of modish hairstyles. We sorted a list of ten coolest hairstyles of Lakme Fashion Week 2018, and we cannot stop gushing.
1. Heavy Curls: Move from the silky straight to bouncy curls. To add volume, get a tinge of pink and red textures. However, the height of the surface does not matter, everything from long curls to short flowy crimps would do.
2. Ponytail with a twist: Tired of the same old buns and braids to go with your Indian outfits? No worries. This time, try Gaurang’s runway hairstyle, which is the scarf ponytail. Simply tie your hair where they would usually be and wrap a matching scarf around it for a fun and effortless look.
3. Fun braids: Take some inspiration for your Saturday night party from Sonakshi Sinha’s stunning ramp look. A side part, stiff waves, and braided sides have never gone wrong, have they?
4. Bob with Barbie: Here’s a fresh new look for you this summer! It’s stylish, it’s chic, and it’s a perfect combination of feminine and bold. As seen at Payal Singhal, this hairstyle is undoubtedly drool-worthy!
5. Big bouncy hair: This summer, get over the silky straight and go for the other end of the spectrum. Big bouncy hair and hoop earrings are a match made in heaven. Are you bold enough to pull this off? We’re sure you are!
6. Two braids: Give up your average ponytail game and opt for a fancy and stylish look instead. A double braid wrapped around in cute shades of ribbon, as seen at Amit and Richard, is a great way to score points in your hair game. Braid is topping the charts this summer!
7. Big hair, don’t care: If you’ve had enough of the sleek, shiny, and straight hair, it’s time to flip the switch. Big, messy, and voluminous hair is the talk of the season with many A-lists pulling it off. This vintage hairstyle is high on drama and is the perfect fit for a sassy look. We’re so glad that it made its way back to the top charts!
8. Crimps and cuts: If you’re looking for an edgy look to rock this season, look no further! As seen at Dhruv Kapoor, the models looked bold and beautiful with distinguished crimps and sporty streaks. Are you ready to pull off this look?
9. No risks: Well, sleeks aren’t over just yet. Hemant Agrawal had his models flaunt an interwoven hairdo with a classy and shiny finish. We loved how the chic hairstyle complemented so well with the Indian attire. If you’re looking for a stylish and pretty hairdo, it really can’t get any easier than this.
10. Floral buns: Speaking of old trends that are still rocking – the flower, twig, and crown accessories are always in patterns. Anita Dongre had her models look flawless in her ethereal collection and gorgeous hairstyles with fresh flowers. What a treat to the eyes!
Want to learn these hairstyles, but have time crunch? Don’t worry. At Pearl Academy, you can turn your dreams into reality by enrolling in our weekend courses.