“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”- Mark Twain
Success doesn’t come easy. One needs to go out of their way and grab it by the horns to taste the real flavour of it. Let’s start this blog post by giving a huge round of applause to Pearlites who made it to Lakme Fashion week by their hard-work and determination.
Lakme Fashion Week is often lauded as the biggest fashion event of the year and this year it celebrates its 15th anniversary, making the occasion even more special. LFW 15 is being held from 26 to 30th August 2015 in Mumbai’s Palladium Hotel. The event will feature some of the most notable fashionistas and trendsetters who floored the ramp with their sparkling presence. Kudos to Astha Narang, Ruchika Sachdeva – Bodice, Kriti Tula – Doodlage , Utsav and Teresa Laisom – Munkee. See. Munkee. Doo, Prem Kumar – Khem, Priyanka Modi – AM: PM, Leon Vaz and Pallavi Dhyani.
Pearlites in Focus
- Harshika bags big Bollywood projects– Harshika, a fashion designing student at Pearl Academy, Jaipur is having a great time working as an assistant costume designer with Manoshi
Nath and Rushi Sharma on the upcoming movie ‘Azhar’. Harshika had also interned with the Manoshi and Rushi last year on the movie ‘Byomkesh Bakshi’. Manoshi and Rushi have been designers in the film industry for the past 15 years and have worked on movies such as PK, Dhoom3, Queen, Kick etc.
‘Azhar’, starring Emraan Hashmi and Nargis Fakhri is the bio-pic of cricketer Mohd. Azharuddin.
The future seems bright for Harshika as she has already been offered to work on a Yash Raj film starring Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone. Way to go, Harshika!
- Azzurra rocks the fashion arena with season 2– Azzurra, a brainchild of entrepreneur duo Sakshi Arora and Shikha Sawhney recently completed two seasons with a fantastic exhibition in the capital. Shahnaz Hussain graced the occasion as the chief guest at the event.
Sakshi Arora graduated as a fashion designer from Pearl Academy in Delhi with expertise in retail entrepreneurship. We wish her may more success stories for her venture.
Check out Azzura here.
- Pallavi Dhyani kick-starts Lakme Fashion Week curtain raiser– Pearlite Pallavi Dhyani stunned the audience with her marvellous collection on Day 1 of Lakme Fashion Week 2015. Her label, THREE has already been adorned by celebrities like Anushka Manchanda and former Miss India, Hasleen Kaur.
Check out THREE here.
- Pearlite Vaibhav Sharma launches Deal Factory– Alumnus Vaibhav Sharma launched Deal Factory, a compendium of over 400 coupons of Buy 1 Get 1 & Discount offers. Deal Factory offers discounts on Dine outs, Cafes, Nightspots, Hotels & Resorts, Entertainment, Lifestyle & other attractions throughout Delhi NCR. Pretty good news for students tight on pocket money! We congratulate him on his entrepreneurial venture and wish him all the best for the future.
- Mehandee Meera Dureja launches Banjaaran– Pearlite Mehandee Meera Dureja recently launched her own label of handcrafted accessories- Banjaaran. Banjaaran is a young, quirky brand and is already a rage among the youngsters.
Check out Banjaaran here.
- With the simple objective of ‘Green Campus, Clean Campus’, Pearl Academy, Jaipur initiated ‘My Green Side’ – a platform bringing together the power of youth at Pearl Academy to contribute towards Mother Nature and society through various activities. The drive started on the first day of the new academic session with equal participation from the management and faculty in planting trees, vegetables, etc. These plants will not only enhance the beauty of the campus but are also a great source of fresh and healthy air.
- School students had a great time participating in ‘Creative Pearl’ at the Jaipur Campus. ‘Creative Pearl’ was an inter- school competition which gave kids an opportunity to experiment with art. The themes of the competition ranged from structural design, pop art, Lego art and wall painting to photography and jewellery design. The kids enjoyed the whole experience and got an opportunity to learn in a fun way.
- Pearl Academy, Jaipur will be participating in VASTRA 2015. VASTRA, an all-encompassing trade fair and conference on Textiles and Apparel, presents a fusion of the finest and the latest in textile products – from fibre to fashion, services and technology. It aims at revitalising existing business ties and creating new ones. This opportunity will offer Pearl Academy a chance to interact with B2B stakeholders and showcase the work of alumni and existing students.
- Pearl Academy, Noida celebrated Independence Day with an NGO called ‘Touching Souls’. The underprivileged and handicapped children from ‘Touching Souls’ were accompanied by their teachers and the founder Ms. Sabina. Many fun-filled activities were planned for the children. Workshops like art and dance, drama and music were organised and gifts were distributed to make the day even more memorable for the kids. All the children shared wonderful moments rejoicing at the music notes, games and dancing to the tunes of their favourite songs.
- Pearl Academy Jaipur, participated in the FORHEX fair. Ever since its inception in 2009, FORHEX has marked itself as a prominent event for Handicraft and Textile industry. Held on 15th August 2015, the annual theme was centred on Unity. The event commemorated togetherness, brotherhood and a feeling towards oneness and sharing.