There is no particular reason why Mumbai has been given the sobriquet of ‘the city of dreams.’ Whether it is trade and commerce, Bollywood, fashion – the city is an enabler for all. There is an endless list of people who have come to Mumbai without a penny in their pockets and eventually became successful. Everyone from Amitabh Bachchan to Shah Rukh Khan to Manish Malhotra achieved their dreams here.
A city for all to make a living
Mumbai is a melting pot of diverse cultures – it houses people from different parts of the world with varying ethnicities, cultures and race. Despite the odd conflicts they all coexist peacefully.
A city with India’s largest film industry
Bollywood is not only India’s largest film industry but also one of the largest in the world. In the recent past, a spate of foreign production houses have set up shop in Mumbai – think Fox, Warner Bros, Sony, Walt Disney and many more. Budding actors, photographers, directors, makeup artists etc. dream of making it big in Mumbai and working with and learning from the stalwarts of the industry.
India’s fashion city
With its glitz and glamour, Mumbai paves the way for the latest fashion trends that the entire country follows. Young, emerging fashion designers find in the city avenues to growth, fame, money and reputation.
Below are a few of the reasons that make Mumbai a spectacular city to live in:
1. Unmatched Monsoon
2. You don’t need to spend a bomb to get a bite to eat
3. The smell of sea
4. The night life is unbeatable
5. The Mumbai local trains teach you to be patient and punctual
Pearl Academy at Mumbai
In addition to having a wide range of courses for students, Pearl Academy’s Mumbai campus has much to offer by way of having a reputed, experienced, faculty; international exposure through exchange programmes, summer courses, global faculty exchange; and a world-class campus.
– Pearl Academy encourages its students and faculty to get global exposure by collaborating with renowned higher education institutions across the world. Our extensive international tie-ups facilitate over 200 students each year to participate in reciprocal exchanges, international conferences, study tours and summer school programmes.
Global Faculty Exchange
– International teachers visit Pearl Academy on a regular basis , bringing with them immense cultural and professional knowledge, for students to learn from. In the past faculty from prominent institutions such as Domus Academy (Italy), Harvard Graduate School of Education (USA) and University of Plymouth (England) have conducted lectures / workshops at Pearl centres in India.
Global Summer Courses
– In collaboration with NABA and Domus Academy, Pearl Academy offers summer courses to its students, where over a period of 2 weeks students and faculty immerse themselves in an enriched design education.
Student Exchange Programmes
– Pearl Academy has collaborated with eminent international institutions for student / faculty exchange, training and consultancy services, international conferences etc. across the globe.
To know more on our Mumbai Centre, please visit on wwww.pearlacademy.com/mumbai-campus